Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Wool and the Gang

The mother's day gifts that I ordered for my Mom and Godmother FINALLY arrived!

It was so fun watching my Mom open her gift. As a knitter who is rediscovering her skills, she absolutely loved the knitting kit I got her from Wool and the Gang in the UK. (This, of course, made me so very happy!) Luckily, I was with her when she received it, so I was able to document the goods and see how they were packaged.

Let me just say that the whole thing is gorgeous. As you can see from the pictures below, the kit arrived in a white paper kraft bag. A sample of the peruvian yarn included in the kit served as the tie to a picture of what she was going to be creating.

Upon opening it, there were a number of things that I didn't expect to see. In addition to the beautiful knitting needles and fuchsia yarn, there was also a few iron-on patches, a package of smaller needles, instructions and a lookbook full of entertaining images (e.g., a dog covered in a knitted scarf).


I first discovered Wool and the Gang from DailyCandy. I also referenced it in one of my Mother's Day gift suggestion postings, but had no idea what to expect when I ordered the kits. Let me just say... this will not disappoint. It's the perfect gift or Do-It-Yourself project. (And given that it's May, you've got plenty of time to finish a new scarf before winter arrives.)

Hmmmm... perhaps a Christmas present for a loved one? After all, it's never too early to start that kind of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment