Monday, July 20, 2009

Bonjour, Mon Ami

As you can tell from my blog, there are several things that make my heart go pitter-patter. But if I had to narrow it down to my Top 5 - only including the things that make my heart really sing - Paris would certainly be included on that list.

I think about Paris all the time. How wonderful it would be to live there. To work there. To vacation there (often). Unfortunately, the likelihood of any of the aforementioned coming true doesn't seem realistic at this point in my life but I can still dream (sigh).

That said, I was fortunate enough to have visited a couple of years ago. Despite the time lapse, my trip still seems so fresh. The Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Pompidou, the Seine, museums, quaint cafes, Montmartre, the Left Bank - heck, the Right Bank. And walking. Just walking.

A similar love affair with Paris is shared by so many. That's why I thought I'd bring you some of Paris, France and all things French. So, this week, you can look forward to blurbs about French designers/artists, French companies or just things that look or feel French. Obviously, with only 5 days in a week, I won't even be skimming the surface, but hopefully I'll bring you something that's interesting and enw to you. I'd better hurry, though. (It's already Monday!)


Photo of Eiffel Tower on Bastille Day (July 14, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment