Thursday, June 11, 2009

Returned from Boston

As you may recall, I went to Boston for a quick trip. I've just returned and while I didn't have a chance to get out much (more on that later), I wanted to share with you a few (and rather random) shots from my trip.


Luckily, I've the opportunity to visit Boston before, so I've seen many of the sights (walked the Freedom Trail, visited the Children's Museum, ate in Faneuil Hall, toured the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum, shopped on Newbury Street, etc.). Like I mentioned above, though, this wasn't a sight-seeing trip. Even so, there were a few things that always make an impression on me when I visit.

One of the obvious things to love about Boston is the historic feel of the city. (Down in Texas, we don't have 'dem cobblestone sidewalks, red brick buildings, alley gardens and brownstones with grand doorways.) It feels so intellectual. Nor do we have the delightfully cool and overcast weather in June that I enjoyed while I was there. (I finally get why companies like J.Crew and L.L. Bean manufacture sweaters and cords in the summer.) And finally, there are so many city parks available for public use. In addition to the luscious Boston Common, there are tons of smaller, well-maintained and child-friendly places to take a stroll, hop on a slide or simply pass through on the way to work.

I'll be returning next week for another 48 hour stay, so I'll try for a more well-rounded group of images at that time! In the meantime, if you haven't been to Boston, it really is a delightful city and I highly recommend a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment