Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just My Type

I'm fascinated with design of all types, but I have a current infatuation with graphic design.

My background is in marketing and advertising, so I'm no stranger to graphic design. However, I was on the account management and strategic sides. While I was always involved with "guiding" the creative process, I was never involved in actually creating the end use materials.

When I opened my store, I quickly figured out that if I was going to even begin to do the kind of marketing that I aspired to do in the long run, I'd have to figure out how to do some of the creative execution on my own. This was (still is) a daunting task. Many of the creative software programs are not terribly easy to learn. So I started off slow. Photoshop Elements became my friend... as did lots of different fonts.

Two of my all time favorite fonts are from Emigre:



Here are some other ones from Veer that I think are quite nice, too:



Like I mentioned, I'm not a trained graphic designer, but I have been forced to learn Photoshop and Illustrator. This has led me to doing some (very minor) design. I have a few projects up my sleeve, so make sure and stay tuned to see how fonts can be applied to create beautiful things.

No comments:

Post a Comment